In this months issue of the Ensign, there is a challenge to the youth to write 100 things they are thankful for. It is broken up into 10 different categories. I decided it would be good for me to take the challenge also. Here it goes...
1. Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.
*Being able to move without pain
*The ability to talk clearly
*10 fingers and 10 toes
*Being able to have children
*Being able to use my brain
*The ability to take care of my children
2. Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for.
*My Anita Stansfield collection
*My cell phone
3. Write 10 living people you are grateful for.
*Chad & Leah (Their married, so they count as one, right?)
4. Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for.
*Jeremy (Josh's little brother)
*Gordon B. Hinckley
5. Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
*Snow (within reason)
*Animals (except snakes)
6. Write 10 things about today you are grateful for.
*Relief Society tonight :)
*I get to play my cello
*Braxton made it to the bus on time.
*My kids woke up happy
*There are only 12 days until Christmas.
*The ability to exercise
*Getting to make music with friends.
*Taking a shower
*Putting on make-up :)
7. Write 10 places on earth you are grateful for.
*The Columbia River Temple
*Brigham City, UT
*Australia (I'm gonna go there...someday)
*The Bountiful Temple
8. Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for.
*Portable DVD players
*GPS in my car
9. Write 10 foods you are grateful for.
*Boneless chicken wings
*Minestrone soup, salad and bread sticks from the Olive Garden.
*Marianne's homemade chicken noodle soup
*Daddy's shrimp dip
*Chicken fajita salad
10. Write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.
Some categories were much easier to come up with than others, but I love having a physical list of the things I am grateful for. I encourage you to take the challenge! Some of your answers may surprise you. :)